Gartner has been announcing “Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends” every year at Sympsium/ITxpo event. These top 10 items have been the parameter and direction of IT technology evolution.
The 3 major themes were announced this year as “Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends” this year.
Intelligent: How AI is seeping into virtually every technology and with a defined, well-scoped focus can allow more dynamic, flexible and potentially autonomous systems. It will be made by the actions such as customer engagement, digital production, smart cities, self-driving cars, risk management, computer vision and speech recognition.
Digital: Blending the virtual and real worlds to create an immersive digitally enhanced and connected environment. The company have defined it as “Digital Twins”. Digitalized ecosystem and digital based business model will be expanded more.
Mesh: The connections between an expanding set of people, business, devices, content and services to deliver digital outcomes. To make this more safe and secure, the same applies to the security and risk infrastructure that supports it, which must focus on deceiving potential intruders and predicting security events.
- By 2021, early adopter brands that redesign their websites to support visual- and voice-search will increase digital commerce revenue by 30%.
- By 2020, five of the top seven digital giants will willfully “self-disrupt” to create their next leadership opportunity.
- By the end of 2020, the banking industry will derive $1B in business value from the use of blockchain-based cryptocurrencies.
- By 2022, most people in mature economies will consume more false information than true information.
- By 2020, AI-driven creation of “counterfeit reality,” or fake content, will outpace AI’s ability to detect it, fomenting digital distrust.
- By 2021, more than 50% of enterprises will be spending more per annum on bots and chatbot creations than traditional mobile app developments.
- By 2021, 40% of IT staff will be versatilists, holding multiple roles, most of which will be business, rather than technology-related.
- In 2020, AI will become a positive net job motivator, creating 2.3M jobs while eliminating only 1.8M jobs.
- By 2020, IoT technology will be in 95% of electronics for new product designs.
- Through 2022, half of all security budgets for IoT will go to fault remediation, recalls and safety failures rather than protection.